Everest High Passes trek is well recognized as one of the most thrilling and adventurous trekking trails in the Everest or Khumbu region which always tends to please those keen adventure enthusiasts. This trekking lets you experience the real flavour of the thrills of triumphing the high passes in the Himalayan kingdom. Most significantly; this trek offers an enduring experience of the exotic natural beauty, geographical magnificence and profound cross cultural exposure.
This trek takes you to the most scenic region of Everest through three most scenic high passes; Renjo la pass, Kongma La and Chola Pass, which are considered to be the rewarding high, passes to the adventure enthusiasts.
The trek not only offers the thrills of adventure in the high passes but alos provides a great opportunity to visit Kala Pathar, Gokyo Lakes, Gokyo Ri , Khumbu glacier and Ngozumpa glacier.
As most of the treks in everest region, Everest High passes trek commences after a short scenic flight from Kathmandu to Lukla and the trail descend to Phakding and the trail ascends to beautiful tourist hub, Namche Bazar. Along the way trail, the trekkers will witness magnificent glaciers, sacred monasteries, settlement of sherpas, and Himalayan wildlife and plants. Basically, the high passes offer probably the best opportunity to witness mountain range closer.
.Since The Everest High Passes trek is considered to be quite challenging adventure as they have to conquer three high passes, adventure enthusiasts requires a sound level of walking fitness, and stamina to resist the unforeseen circumstances like weather extremes. But it doesn’t mean that you have to have technicality to accomplish this trek successfully. This is the very trek which takes you to the circuit of Everest region amongst breathtaking mountain views, serene lakes and beautiful landscapes with thrilling adventure. In addition, The Everest High Passes Trek caters an extraordinary thrilling experience of lifetime adventure and ultimately they will able to quench the thirst of real adventure in Himalaya.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu, Transfer to Hotel-Overnight in Hotel-
Day 02: Free day in Kathmandu & trek preparation (1,300m)-Overnight in Hotel-
Day 03: Fly to Lukla (2,800m) & trek to Phakding (2,652m), 3-4 hrs walk-Overnight in Lodge-
Day 04: Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,440m), 6-7 hrs walk-Overnight in Lodge-
Day 05: Acclimatization day at Namche Bazaar-Overnight in Lodge-
Day 06: Trek to Thame, (3800m), 3 to 4 hours-Overnight in Lodge-
Day 07: Trek to Marlung, (4137m), 4 to 5 hours-Overnight in Lodge-
Day 08: Trek to Lungdeng (4600m), 3 to 4 hours-Overnight in Lodge-
Day 09: Trek to Renjo- La (5465m) to Gokyo Lake (4800m)-Overnight in Lodge-
Day 10: Relax Day at Gokyo-Overnight in Lodge-
Day 11: Hike to Gokyo RI (5,330m), and trek to Thaknak (4750m), 7-8 hrs-Overnight in Lodge-
Day 12: Trek to Cho-la Pass (5367m) to Dzongla (4,850m), 5-6 hrs walk-Overnight in Lodge-
Day 13: Trek to Gorakshep (5,160m), 5-6 hrs walk-Overnight in Lodge-
Day 14: Trek to Everest Base Camp (5,357m) and return to Lobuche for overnight. 6 to 7 hrs-Overnight in Lodge-
Day 15: Lobuche – Kongma La (5,535m) – Chhukung (4,730m): 8-10 hrs-Overnight in Lodge-
Day 16: Trek to Tyangboche (3,867m), 4-5 hrs walk-Overnight in Lodge-
Day 17: Trek to Monjo ((2680M), 5-6 hrs walk-Overnight in Lodge-
Day 18: Trek to Lukla (2,800m), 6-7 hrs walk-Overnight in Lodge-
Day 19 Fly back to Kathmandu (1,300m)-Overnight in Hotel-
Day 20: Final Departure from Kathmandu or onward for next destination
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by private car / van
- Three nights accommodation with breakfast at hotel in Kathmandu.
- Kathmandu city tours, inclusive tour guide and private car / van
- Full board meals with tea or coffee (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Best available twin sharing lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek.
- One highly experienced, helpful and friendly guide, porters (1 porter for 2 people) and their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and insurance
- Round trip flight to/from Kathmandu inclusive domestic departure tax
- First aid medical kit
- Sagarmatha National Park Permits fee
- TIMS Fee- Trekkers’ Information Management System
- Government taxes & office service charge
1. Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
2. Travel insurance
3. International airfare
4. Nepal entry visa– you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (a multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport-size photos.)
5. Drinks (cold and alcoholic)
6. Hot and cold showers during the trek
7. Personal shopping and laundry
8. Personal trekking equipments
9. Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is appreciated but it is not mandatory)
Different travelers have different minds; it means different perspectives on travelling. Accordingly, considering such different preferences of travelling according to their budget and time frame, this trip program also can be customized.