Jomsom- Muktinath Trekking is one of the significant parts of Annapurna region trekking and a demanding among both types of trekkers, domestic and international. They love to travel to Jomsom to Muktinath as they find this region completely distinct from other mountain regions of Nepal as well as other places of the world.
This trekking commences from Pokhara known as ‘Lake City’ and the trail follows through beautiful and picturesque valley, Kali Gandaki River to the holy Pilgrimage site, Muktinath. During the hike to Muktinath, the trail offer a splendid view of mountain as well as a great opportunity to be in touch naturally with dense forest including flowering rhododendron, and the trail also takes to the rugged terrain and rocky cliffs which is really looks as if it is desert. The Kali Gandaki Gorge is beautified with two towering mountains, Annapurna and Dhaulagiri. Both are majestic with natural snow. Kali Gandaki Valley is famous for holy fossils rocks which are special and sacred for Hindus.
Jomsom is a beautiful valley inhabited by Tibetan Buddhists and it is rich in mixed culture of both Hindus and Tibetan Buddhists. Then the trail ascends up to lower Mustang and ends in Kagbeni which is culturally enriched with holy monasteries and prayer flags.
The highest point of this trekking trail is Muktinath located at the height of 3800 metres and it is considered to be a sacred pilgrimage site for both Hindu and Buddhist.
“Explore the arid landscapes encircled by holy mountains peaks along with a popular pilgrimage site, Muktinath.”
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu, Transfer to Hotel-Overnight at hotel-
Day 2 : Local sightseeing in Kathmandu – Overnight in hotel –
Day 3 : Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara, 6-7 Hours,-Overnight at hotel-
Day 04: Drive Naya Pul (New bridge), to Tikhe Dhunga (1495m) 4 hrs-Overnight at Lodge-
Day 05: Trek to Ghorepani (2850m) 6 hrs-Overnight at Lodge-
Day 06: Hiking -Poonhill (3180m), trek to Tatopani (1200m) 7 hrs-Overnight at Lodge-
Day 07: Trek to Ghasa (2120m) 7 hrs-Overnight at Lodge-
Day 08: Trek to Tukuche (2560m) 5 hrs-Overnight at Lodge-
Day 09: Trek to Kagbeni (2800m) 5 hrs-Overnight at Lodge-
Day 10: Trek to Muktinath (3800m) 4 hrs-Overnight at Lodge-
Day 11: Trek to Jomsom -2600m, 5 hrs-Overnight at Lodge-
Day 12: Morning flight to Pokhara, 20-minutes-Overnight at Hotel-
Day 13: Drive back to Kathmandu, 6 hrs. Overnight at hotel, inclusive of breakfast
Day 14: Final Departure Drop To The Airport.
1. Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by private car / van
2. Three nights accommodation with breakfast at hotel in Kathmandu
3. Kathmandu city tour as per the above itinerary
4. Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with tea & coffee during the trek
5. Lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek
6. One highly experienced, helpful and friendly guide, porters (1 porter for 2 people) and their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and insurance
7. Transportation during trek
8. Jomsom – Pokhara airfare including departure tax
9. Annapurna conservation permit
10. TIMS Fee- Trekkers’ Information Management System
11. Two nights accommodation in Pokhara at hotel
12. Government taxes & office service charge.
1. Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
2. Travel insurance
3. International airfare
4. Nepal entry visa: you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (a multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport-size photos.)
5. All cold drinks such as: alcoholic beverages, mineral water, Coke, Fanta, juice, etc.
6. Hot and cold showers during the trek
7. Personal shopping and laundry
8. Personal trekking equipments
9. Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is appreciated but it is not mandatory)
Different travelers have different minds; it means different perspectives on travelling. Accordingly, considering such different preferences of travelling according to their budget and time frame, this trip program also can be customized.