Mardi Himal is popularly known as a hidden gem in one of the most popular trekking trails in Nepal, Annapiurna Base Camp trek. It is located to the East of Annaourna Base Camp trek. Mardi Himal Base Camp itself offers you spectacular views of snow-capped mountains in Annapuran region and your climb to the summit of Mardi Himal (3-4 hours) will be more rewarding since it offers more fantastic and stunning mountain panorama. It is one of the perfect vantage points to witness breath-taking views of Himalayas closer up in the horizon. The classical Mardi Himal trek takes you to a mysterious lap of the mountain where Annapurna South, Mount Machhapuchhre (also known as Fishtail) and Mount Hiunchuli will warmly be welcoming to be seized with your eyes and camera as well.
As other trips to Annapuran region, Mardi Himal trekking also commences after a short and scenic drive from Pokhara to Phedi. Pokhara itself offers you some amazing experience of natural splendor. The trails then ascends along small winding path through various deep forest, especially, beautiful rhododendron, will be more beautiful during March and April since the entire hill will be reddish with flowering rhododendron. Then, you will begin to experience rugged mountain landscape with some amazing mountain views including ‘a hidden gem’, Mardi Himal , Annapurna South, Mount Machhapuchhre (also known as Fishtail) and Mount Hiunchuli.From High Camp (3580m.) you can climb up to Mardi Himal Base Camp in about 3-4 hours, which offers magnificent close up views of the entire Annapurna Range. Nowadays, you can find teahouse accommodation easily while trekking to Mardi Himal.
Day 01:On arrival at Airport in Kathmandu [1,338m] our representative will receive you and transfer to hotel.
Day 02:Kathmandu valley sightseeing
Day 03:Take Early flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara, check into the Hotel and Rest time Pokhara City sightseeing-Overnight in Hotel-
Day 04:Drive from Pokhara to Phedi then start trek to Pothana. Overnight in a camp (1,620m.).
Day 05:Trek from Pothana to Forest Camp walking through the forest full of birch, giant rhododendron, mountain oak, maple, hemlock and daphnie and viewing the Close up view of Annapurna II. Overnight at Camp at (2,550m.)
Day 06:Trek from Forest Camp to Low camp walking through the Tree fern and orchid forests, Modi Khola valley. Overnight at Camp (3,400m.)
Day 07:Trek from Low Camp to High Camp climbing steeply up out of the forest crossing the tree line. Overnight at Camp (4,100m.)
Day 08:Take a day rest at High Camp for exploring the vicinity up to the (5,000m.) altitude from where you gat fine glimpse of the Mountain like Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Machapuchare and many more.
Day 09:Trek from High camp to Siding Village walking through the picturesque terraced fields . Overnight at camp (1,700m.)
Day 10:Trek from Siding village to Pokhara walking through the beautiful pasturelands, ethnic Tamang and Gurung villages and within a few hours you will meet road from where you take a bus to Pokhara. Overnight at hotel.
Day 11:Drive back from Pokhara to Kathmandu. It takes 6 hrs for drive via tourist Bus.
Day 12:Departure to Tribhuwan International airport for your onward destination.
1. All airport/hotel transfers
2. 3 night hotel in Kathmandu and 2 night in pokhara
3. All accommodation and meals during the trek
4. Tourist Bus/Domestic flights (Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu)
5. An experienced English-speaking trek leader and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
6. All necessary paper work and permits (National park permit, TIMS )
7. A comprehensive medical kit
8. All government and local taxes
1. Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
2. Airport departure tax (Rs. 170 per person)
3. International airfare to and from Kathmandu
4. Excess baggage charges
5. Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu or Pokhara (Main city)
6. Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara
7. Travel and rescue insurance
8. Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
Different travelers have different minds; it means different perspectives on travelling. Accordingly, considering such different preferences of travelling according to their budget and time frame, this trip program also can be customized.