Nepal Visa Information
From the outside of Nepal if you want to obtain the visa from your own home country you can apply it from the nearest Nepal Embassy by filling e- visa form through online. Otherwise, the easiest option is you can get it on arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu.
What are Requirements for getting Nepal Visa?
If you are planning to come to Nepal and thinking to get the visa at the airport these things are necessary to know.
- A valid Passport ( The passport should have Validity of at least six months)
- Two passport size photo with a light background.
- Visa can be obtained only after payment of cash.
- Nepali currency, Credit card, and Indian currency are not accepted as the Visa payment fee.
How many days do I get the visa and how much it cost?
- USD 25 and equivalent currency for 15 days
- USD 40 and equivalent currency for 30 days
- USD 100 and equivalent currency for 90 days
- Free visa up to 30 days for the tourist from SAARC country.
- For the Indian Nationality, the visa is not required however they need to show valid identification to enter in Nepal.
- For Chinese nationality gratis tourist visa is been provided since Jan 5, 2016.
- In Nepal, the tourist visa can be extended maximum up to 150 days in a year.
- If you want to extend the visa for 15 days or less extension cost is 30 U.S dollars and equivalent currency.
- If you want to extend visa more than 15 days will be charged 2 U.S dollars per day after 15 days visa extension.
Other General Information
- It is illegal to stay in Nepal without Visa.
- The visa fee is not refundable and can not be amended.
- These countries are prohibited to obtain the visa on arrival they have to obtain the visa from the Embassy or Nepalese Diplomatic Mission of their own country. Check the name of the country below.
- Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Somalia, Liberia, Ethiopia, Iraq, Palestine, Afghanistan Syria and Refugees with a travel document