7 Nights 8 days Lhasa Tour
7 Night 8 days Lhasa tour is a sacred and the land carrying historical importance since ancient time, of course will offer the travelers a miraculous insight into the life, civilization, culture and the religion of the religion of the local people. The Tibet ancient monasteries coated with sacred prayer flags and the holy monks offering prayer at the shore of tranquil Lake Yamdrok. The true lovers of nature find Yamdrok Lake an awesome gift of the nature. Those who choose 7 Nights 8 days Lhasa Tour will definitely find it rewarding and a spiritual journey for a life-time in the lap of Himalayas including the top of the world, Mt. Everest. Not only has this trip let you experience the Buddhist cultural sites in the holy city, Lhasa but also the travelers will have opportunity to witness the majestic mountain view of the mountain of Nepal. The major highlights of this tour are a visit to monasteries like Gyantse, Shigatse, Sakya Monastery, Everest base camp.
This trip commences with a scenic flight from Kathmandu to Lhasa and you will be accompanied with an English speaking guide to the visit to different monasteries like Pelkor Monastery,Tashilhunpo Monastery, Rongbuk Monastery and Gyantse and Shigatse. Finally, you will be taken to Everest Base Camp trek for Tibet side.
– Airport pick up and departure transfer
– Tibet travel permit and all over necessary permits to Tibet
– All entrance fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary
– English –speaking Tibetan local tour guide shares in your group
– Comfortable ,local driver ,vehicle ranging from 4 WD land cruiser to minibus depending on the group size Twin Sharing accommodation with breakfast
– Tourist accident /casualty insurance
– First aid Kit
– Flight or Train Ticket
– Lunch and dinner during Tibet tour ,it costs about USD 3-15 per person for one meal in Tibet.
– Tips for tour guide and driver
– Personal expenses, like laundry ,phone call ,snacks ,soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip) ,optional tour activities etc.
– Tibet China group paper Visa.
Day 1:Arrive in Lhasa (3650m)
Arrive in Lhasa either by flight or train. Tibetan guide will greet,receive you there drive to your hotel.You may view the Yarlung Tsangpo river/Bhamaputra River(The Longest and largest river in Tibet)and Lhasa River on their way to Lhasa .Take a rest ri acclimatize in high altitude after chech in hotel . It also possible to walk around Potala Square,and get amazing photos of Palace .Overnight in Lhasa.
Day 2:Lhasa Tour –Polata Palace ,Johkang Temple ,and Barkhor Street
Breakfast and sightseeing tour first visit the Polata is the winter palace if the Dalai Lama .Tibet Potala palace has 1000 chambers ,the gilded burial stupas of formal Dalai Lamas and meditation cave of the 33rd great king of Tibet .After lunch ,tour to Jokhang temple built bt the 33rd great king of Tibet in 7th century to promote the Buddhist religion .Barkhor Street Id the local Tibetan street around Jokhang temple ,you can walk with pilgrims and locals ,and shopping local Tibetan souvenirs there.
Day 3:LhasaTour-Drepung and Sera Monastery.
Breakfast and continue Lhasa tour to visit Drepung monastery ,one of the great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet biilt in 1416 by jamyang choge ,one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples.Ganden palace used to be Dalai Lama’s palace in the Drepung before he moved to the Potala palace .In the afternoon ,we visit Sera Monastery ,one of the “great three”Gelugpa monasteries of Tibet built in 1419 by Jamchen Chojey ,one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples.The Monks debate at around 3-5 in the afternoon is tha main attraction of Sera Monastery.Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Day 4: Lhasa to Shigstse (3900m,270km,6 hours)
Breakfast and to Shigatse cross over the Kambala pass (4790m) with the view of Yamdrok Lake (4400m) is surrounded by many snow capped mountains. Lunch in Gyantse,the third largest historical city of Tibet,and visit the famous Pelkor Monastery and Gyantse Kumbum here ,and then continue drive to Shiatse ie the second largest city in Tibet .You will visit Tashilunpo Monastery ,the seat of Panchen Lama, the second largest incarnation lama in Tibet .Stay overnight in Shigatse.
Day 5: Shigatse to Rongbuk Everest (5200m,365km,7-8hrs) Via Tingri
Breakfast and drive to Rongbuk monastery Everest via Lhatse ad shegar ,the small town we stop for lunch.The view of the Mount Everest can see in the distance if the weather is clear from Sheger.Driving on the way to Rongbuk Monastery ,we will cross one of the highest pass in Tibet called Pang La pass (5050m)that offers the top five highest mountains in the world including Mt.Everest ,Makalu Cho Oyu, and Shisapangma.Stay overnight at tent or Rongbuk monastery guest house.
Day 6:Everest Base Came to Shigatse (3900m,400km,9-10 hours)
Morning enjoy the sunrise on the top of Mount Everest,and it’s magnificent full view standing like
a snow capped pyramid in front of you at Rongphu .This is the vantage point to see the grand view
of Mount Everest .Breakfast and you may trek to Everest Base Camp 4km one way.It is also
possible to go by local bus.After base camp ,you can visit Rongphu Monastery which is the highest monastery in the world (5000m)and belongs to Nyingma sect.After that we drive back to Shigatse,and stay overnight in Shigatse.
Day 7: Shigatse to Lhasa (3650m,318km,6 hours)
Today ,we will drive back to Lhasa on the friendship Highway .The whole distance is almost 280km and it takes 6 hours along the Brahmaputra River,the Longest and largest river in Tibet.Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Day 8:Lhasa Airport or Train Station.
Breakfast and Tibetan tour guide will transfer you to the airport or train station and help you get in board .Say good bye to Tibet Himalayas and Lhasa.
- Airport pick up and departure transfer
- Tibet travel permit and all over necessary permits to Tibet
- All entrance fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary
- English –speaking Tibetan local tour guide shares in your group
- Comfortable ,local driver ,vehicle ranging from 4 WD land cruiser to minibus depending on the group size Twin Sharing accommodation with breakfast
- Tourist accident /casualty insurance
- First aid Kit
- Flight or Train Ticket
- Lunch and dinner during Tibet tour ,it costs about USD 3-15 per person for one meal in Tibet.
- Tips for tour guide and driver
- Personal expenses, like laundry ,phone call ,snacks ,soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip) ,optional tour activities etc.
- Tibet China group paper Visa.