Few people in this world love adventures. Among different sorts of adventures, Nepal is considered to be one of the finest destination for mountain expedition and an adventurous Island peak expedition to Island Peak Climbing is one of them. A popular peak climbing located in kalapather Everest base camp region is startlingly popular among the adventure enthusiasts.
Island Peak climbing (6189m), having been located in Khumbu region, despite being not located among the mountain giants, has successfully fascinating the adventure lovers around the world for years and the climbers experience a fabulous and exhilarating flavor of Island peak expedition in Nepal. It is said that no sound technical skill of mountaineering is required for a successful scale of Island peak; nevertheless, a finest level of fitness is must. Both the beginner and the expert can do it.
Island peak climbing is also popular as Imja Tse is often taken as the first attempt for most of the climbers before any technical summit attempt of giant peaks in the Himalaya in Nepal. This adventurous trekking is always combined with Kalapathar everest base camp trekking as the climbers require a sound acclimatization for a successful attempt of Island Peak. This trekking commences after a scenic and exciting flight from Kathmandu to Lukla. You slowly ascend to Namche and in few days you will get Kalapathar Everest Base Camp. From Kalapathar Everest Base Camp you will witness an astonishing view of world tallest mountains soaring up in the horizon. This trek will be a perfect acclimatization for the climbers. The climbers will get some skills and tips of climbing from our experienced mountaineering guide.
Then on the day of scaling the summit, you will move early in the morning. On the very day you have to confront the rocky ridge full of snow and a glacier to which lead you to the top of Island peak. It is physically demanding but our well-trained mountaineering guide will use crampons, harness, jumar and ropes if needed for the safe and successful climb. This part 60-70 degree face about 100 meters to the summit ridge is strenuous but on the triumph, this day will be the greatest achievement in your entire life. From the summit of Island peak, you can witness a magnificent panorama of gigantic mountains – Nuptse (7,879m), Lhotse (8,501m), Lhotse central (8,410m) and Lhotse Shar (8,383m) which form a semi circle in the north and the stunning views of Makalu (8475m), Baruntse (7129m) in the east and exhilarating expedition peak of Amadablam (6812m) in the south – a life-time experience of Island peak expedition combination with Everest base camp in the Himalayas of Nepal.
Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu (1,350m/4,428ft)
Day 02: Kathmandu: Sightseeing and preparation
Day 03: Fly to Lukla (2,800m/9,184ft) then trek to Phakding (2,652m/8,700ft): 40 min flight, 3-4 hours trek
Day 04: Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,440m/11,283ft): 5-6 hours
Day 05: Namche Bazaar (3,440 m/11,283 ft): Acclimatization Day
Day 06: Namche Bazaar to Thame (3736m/12255 ft): 5 – 6 hours
Day 07: Thame to Lumde (4368 m/14328 ft): 3- 4 hours
Day 08: Lumde: acclimatization day
Day 09: Lumde to Gokyo via Renjo La Pass (5360m/17585 ft): 7 – 8 hours
Day 10: Acclimatization Day in Gokyo Valley: Hike to Gokyo Ri (5,330 m/17,483 ft)
Day 11: Gokyo to Thaknak (4750 m/15,580 ft): 5-6 hours
Day 12: Thaknak to Cho La pass (5367 m/17,604 ft) to Lobuche (4940 m/16,207 ft): 8-10 hours
Day 13: Lobuche to Gorak Shep (5170 m/16,961ft), visit Everest Base Camp (5364 m/17,594 ft): 6-7 hours
Day 14: Gorak Shep to Kala Patthar (5545m/18,192ft] and back to Lobuche (4940m/16,207ft): 7-8 hours
Day 15: Lobuche to Kongma La (5,535m/18,159ft) to Chhukung (4,730m/15,518ft): 6-7 hours
Day 16: Chhukung to Island Peak Base Camp (5,200m/17,060ft), pre-climb training: 3-4 hours trek
Day 17: Island Peak Base Camp to Summit (6,189m/20,305ft), and back to base camp: 10-12 hours
Day 18: Island Peak Base Camp to Pangboche (3,985m/13,074ft) 5-6 hours
Day 19: Pangboche to Namche Bazaar: 4-5 hours
Day 20: Namche Bazaar to Lukla: 6-7 hours
Day 21: Fly to Kathmandu
Day 22: Final departure
- Private Arrival and Departure transfers on both domestic and international flights.
- Standard Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on a twin share bed- and- breakfast basis as per the itinerary.
- Full board meals while trekking (breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner) entire Island peak climbing.
- Freshly cooked Full board meals prepared by our cook while on Island peak expedition.
- Properly boiled drinking water, tea and coffee while on trek.
- Responsible trekking in Himalayas with One trekker : One porterratio policy.
- Accommodation in tea house or lodge while on Island peak Everest base camp trekking.
- Accommodation in Tented camp while on the island peak climbing.
- Nepali welcome dinner as listed in the itinerary.
- Half day guided city tour with world heritage entrance fees as listed in itinerary.
- All Domestic flights and airport tax as listed in the itinerary to start the Island peak trek.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek as applicable.
- Island Peak climbing expeditions Permit Royalty of US$ 250 only per person and other government tax.
- Climbing Clinic Course at base camp.
- All required Personal and Group Climbing gear: LA SPORTIVA climbing boot, EXPED down-filled mattress, Black daimond crampons, ice axe, zoomer, harness, figure of eight, carabineer, helmat, climbing rope etc.
- We provide all camping gear including – tents for member, dining tent with table and backrest chair, Kitchen tent with utensils, staff, porter and toilet tents on whole trip.
- Mountain Monarch Trip Gears – sleeping bag, fleece inner liner, down jacket, rain poncho etc for the use during the trip. S
- Professional local experienced Trek Leader / Guide trained in Wilderness First Aid.
- Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) / Gamow Bag (A life saving device in case of Acute Mountain Sickness) or Oxygen along with the comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Island peak climbing trip map.
- Well-experienced Climbing guide with all his allowance and expenses.
- Trekking cook, kitchen staff, Trek Sherpa and other support staff while on Island peak climbing.
- Porters to carry all personal gear and group equipment on Island peak Everest base camp trek.
- Proper Insurance of all staff including porters.
- Warm clothing and trekking gear for staff including porters: Gortex jacket, gortex trousers, fleece jacket and pant, trekking shoes, woolen hat, gloves, shocks, sunglasses etc.
- Complementary Mountain Monarch Island peak climbing T-shirts.
- Island Peak climbing certificates issued from the respective body of Nepal Government.
- Comprehensive pre – departure information and trip dossiers.
- Trekking permit, Everest National park entry fees required for the Island peak expedition.
- Nepal entry Visa fees, Your travel insurance of any kind.
- International Airfare to Kathmandu for the Island peak trip.
- All Drinks and main meals in cities.
- Tips and Items of personal expenses like hot shower, battery charge, telephone, beverage drinks etc.
- Cylinder or PAC bag and first aid kit.