Jiri To Everest Base Camp Trek the legendary trekking trail carrying up age-long history in the sphere of trekking in the Himalayas is still astoundingly popular among the trekking enthusiasts. It is quite distinctive from other popular trekking trails in Khumbu Region in Nepal. This trekking trail is legendary in the sense that this is the very trekking trail used by two legendary figures, Tenzing Norgay Sherpa and Edmund Hillary who created a legend conquering Mount. Everest, the top of the, in 1953.This classical Jiri To Everest Base Camp Trek trail lets you experience something quite different than other trekking trails in Nepal as the trail is enormously full of natural and cultural uniqueness.
Mostly Jiri To Everest Base Camp Trek the trekkers these days prefer a direct to fly to Lukla nevertheless this trekking trail is still being a rewarding choice among the enthusiast hikers in the mountain. The hospitable ethnic groups and their unique age-long cultures, terraced fields and awe-inspiring landscapes, sacred cultural and religious sites, and stunning Mountain View tend to lure every type of travelers in this trekking route. Lukla , Namche Bazar, a tourist hub and Sagarmatha National Park are other major attractions of this trip. Namche is a beautiful city dominant with Tibetan market is the place for your acclimatization and you can spend the rest day for sightseeing around the city and viewing the mountain panorama. At the top of the hill of the Namche Bazar , their a hotel named Everest Hotel from where you even can witness the top of the world, Mt. Everest.
After your acclimatization, you ascend to Sagarmatha National Park which is enlisted in UNESCO world heritage site. A great variety of flora and fauna in Sagarmatha National Park of course will please you very much during the trip.
Jiri To Everest Base Camp Trek ultimately takes you to Kalapathar and Everest Base Camp and the fabulous views offered are of Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Makalu and many other highest mountains in Nepal. In this region, you can have opportunity to be familiar with Sherpa, the climbers. The sacred prayer flags and monasteries take you to the world of spiritualism. And the flowering rhododendron offers you an unforgettable experience of this trekking.
This trek commences at a beautiful city Jiri after a 8-10 hrs. scenic drive from Ktm. To Jiri and ends normally at Lukla because the travelers don’t prefer to follow the same track to Jiri while coming back.
Day 01: Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu-overnight in Hotel-
Day 02: Trek preparation and Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing Tour-overnight in Hotel-
Day 03: Scenic drive to Jiri (1905m) 6-7 hrs by Jeep/Bus-overnight in Lodge-
Day 04: Trek to Bandar (1520m) 7 hrs-overnight in Lodge-
Day 05: Trek to Sete (2500m) 7 hrs-overnight in Lodge-
Day 06: Trek to Junbesi (2675m) 7 hrs-overnight in Lodge-
Day 07: Trek to Nuntala (2345m) 7 hrs-overnight in Lodge-
Day 08: Trek to Khari Khola (2194m) 6 hrs-overnight in Lodge-
Day 09: Trek to Puiyan (2890m) 6 hrs-overnight in Lodge-
Day 10: Trek to Phakding (2610m) 6 hrs-overnight in Lodge-
Day 11: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m) 6 hrs-overnight in Lodge-
Day 12: Namche Bazar – Khumjung and return-overnight in Lodge-
Day 13: Trek to Tengboche (3860m) 5 hrs-overnight in Lodge-
Day 14: Trek to Dingboche (4410m) 5 hrs-overnight in Lodge-
Day 15: Dingboche to Nagerjun and return-overnight in Lodge-
Day 16: Trek to Lobuche (4910m) 5 hrs-overnight in Lodge-
Day 17: Trek to Everest Base Camp (5400m) then back to Gorekshep (5181m) 8 hrs-overnight in Lodge-
Day 18: Hiking to Kalapattar (5545m) – Gorekshep – Pheriche (4210m) 7 hrs-overnight in Lodge-
Day 19: Trek to Namche (3440m) 6 hrs-overnight in Lodge-
Day 20: Trek to Lukla (2800m) 7 hrs-overnight in Lodge-
Day 21: Fly back to Kathmandu
30-minutes amazing scenic fly back to Kathmandu-overnight in Lodge-inclusive of breakfast
Day 22: Leisure day in Kathmandu, in case of bad weather in Lukla. Overnight at hotel, inclusive of breakfast
1. Airport / hotel / airport pick up & transfer by private vehicle
2. Four nights accommodation with breakfast at hotel in Kathmandu.
3. Kathmandu city tours, inclusive tour guide and private vehicle
4. Full board meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
5. Best available twin sharing lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek.
6. One highly experienced, helpful and friendly guide, porters (1 porter for 2 people) and their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance for all staff
7. Kathmandu – Jiri trasfer by private Jeep / Bus.
8. Lukla – Kathmandu flight including domestic departure tax
9. First aid medical kit
10. Sagarmatha National Park Permits fee
11. TIMS Fee- Trekkers’ Information Management System (Please bring 2 passport size photos for permit)
12. Government taxes & office service charge
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Travel insurance
- Entry fee for city tour.
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa: you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (a multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport-size photos.)
- Drinks (hot,cold and alcoholic)
- Hot and cold showers during the trek
- Personal shopping and laundry
- Personal trekking equipments
- Tips for trekking staff (Tipping is appreciated but it is not mandatory)
Different travelers have different minds; it means different perspectives on travelling. Accordingly, considering such different preferences of travelling according to their budget and time frame, this trip program also can be customized.